Monday, February 11, 2013

Nanog 4

Stardate: 90718.8
Nanog ended Wednesday. :( After much traveling I am home. It was an incredible experience and I learned a lot. My notes on the third day are here: notes. I want to join the NANOG organizers and thank the sponsors of the conference for making it possible: Cyrus One, NTT, Google, Verisign, and Netflix. I met a lot of people and learned a lot(especially in the configuration and purpose of Internet exchanges).
For any other students out there, NANOG is going to do something to improve their system for students. They already give you a significantly discounted ticket price if you are a student, but the process for coming to NANOG is still hard to navigate. My advice to you now is to sign up for a ticket and check the 'student' box. You will immediately be given access to the student price. You will eventually have to verify your student status with the administrators of the conference, but you can do that later by email. For the next NANOG, they are going to redo the website and streamline the student ticketing/verification process. They are also preparing to launch a scholarship program. If you want to go to NANOG 58 in New Orleans and this stuff has not happened on the NANOG website. You can email the administrators, they are very approachable. You could even email me and I would love to help you.
Happy Hacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment