Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nanog 0

Stardate: 90697.69
NANOG (North American Network Operators Group) is meeting in Orlando for NANOG 57. I am in Orlando and will attend.

You can see the agenda here. From the first day, I'm looking forward to the 'Newcomers Lunch,' BCOP(Best current operational practices), and the panel on the impacts of Super Storm Sandy.
I'm very excited about the wireless. From Nanog's page on the subject:
For the duration of the meeting conference, NANOG provides a dual-stack IPv4/v6 meeting network. IP address allocation is available by DHCP for IPv4 and neighbor discovery for IPv6. No NAT or translation protocols are utilized, in addition local NANOG DNS servers offer DNSSEC capability.
Woot!
I believe the following wpa_supplicant.conf configuration will work for me:
network={
        ssid="NANOG-a-secure"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        pairwise=CCMP TKIP
        group=CCMP TKIP
        eap=TLS
        identity="nanog"
        identity="nanog"
}
I will report on the wireless at NANOG tomorrow. I'll also see if I can find the certificate used by the access points.

No comments:

Post a Comment